I actually can’t believe this but I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by my incredibly lovely fellow mummy blogger Katie Bytheway (doesn’t she have THE coolest surname?!) her fab blog is here: KTBTW!
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (on Google/Blogger/BlogLovin etc), to help boost their popularity and reputation. How fab is that?!
There are rules! They are as follows:
- Link back to the blog which nominated you
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Divulge 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 other new blogs (with less than 200 followers) and come up with 11 questions for them to answer!
11 Questions from KTBTW:
When did you start blogging? not long, about a month ago!
Why did you start your blog? I wanted to start when I began maternity leave but didn’t get round to it until Austin was 8 1/2 months old!! Took me a while… I am incredibly nosey and love reading other people’s blogs and although my life is not quite as exciting enough to have my own reality tv show, some people might also like to be nosey and read about me and my family!
What surprised you the most about blogging? How much I enjoy writing. I basically write as I would think and talk, so my style can be a bit scatty at times! But I really enjoy it.
If you could have 3 “special guests” at a dinner party, who would you invite? This is hard!! I’m going to say Bradley Cooper, he’s pleasing to my eyes; Stephen Fry, he’s so bloomin’ clever annnnnnnnddddd oooh Samantha “Why do women hate me for being beautiful” Brick (remember her??), she would amuse me.
Where’s your favourite place to go? Bed! How boring, ha!! In my previous few jobs I have travelled with work and hotel beds just don’t cut the mustard. There’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed. And now I have a little bear to cuddle up to as well. although he’s normally clambering over me or slapping me on the cheek!
If you could learn one new skill, what would it be? To master speaking in different accents! This sounds dumb to most of you I’m sure however, it’s a big thing in our house. My husband is (annoyingly) good at everything be does and he’s bloomin’ amazing at speaking in any accent, even switching between them mid sentence. He likes to try and teach me purely for his own amusement. I’d like to master this! Or flying. Either or.
What were you doing this time last year? I was still working and travelling to Poland, looking forward to putting my feet up when my maternity leave started! Now a year on, I don’t have long before I return to work :(. The last year has flown by so quickly, I can’t believe it!
If you could eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would you pick? I like this question because I LOVE food. After much deliberation, I have decided on crispy duck pancakes. I tell you why, I bloody love them. Whenever I go out to a chinese restaurant (which is not very often) I can’t get enough of their pancakes. I could easily live on them for the rest of my life and not get bored. I might get fat but not bored!!
What’s your favourite film? Now, it always used to be The Labrynth with David Bowie (I recorded it on video from the TV – in the olden days when you had to enter a video plus code to record anything) but more recently, as I’ve grown up, it’s changed to Ghostbusters. I am NOT joking. I love it. I love the old special effects, the storyline, Slimer, the whole damn thing. But Ghostbusters 2, is rubbish. Don’t even bother with it.
Do you believe in love at first sight? Ummmm no, if I’m honest I don’t. I believe in lust and fancying the pants off someone at first sight but love is something much deeper, something that grows between two people. I don’t think it can be there in an instant.
Finish this senstence: If i had my way…… there would be world peace… Alternatively, I would look like a supermodel, have Bradley Cooper phoning me for dates, be besties with the Kardashians (honestly, who wouldn’t want to live in their world for just a day?!) and be eating crispy duck pancakes for the rest of my life…
11 Random Facts:
- Belly Buttons make me feel sick
- I have one eye long sighted and the other short sighted. I never tire of opticians saying “Oh I’ve never seen that before”!!
- Touching velvet makes my throat feel like its going to close up (it possibly isn’t really going to close up but it definitely feels strange)
- I can touch my nose with my tongue, with great ease.
- I didn’t pass my driving test until the *whispers* 4th attempt – I blame the stupid examiner!
- I have been driving for 15 years and have owned a whopping 10 cars – just because I get bored easily…
- When I was younger I fancied (ahem) Gary Rhodes. Yes that’s right, the chef with the sticky up hair!
- I have grissle in my jaw bone
- I dream the most in depth, indecipherable dreams ever. It’s actually a wonder I can sleep through them. I might start a dream blog to discuss them. My mind is really quite fucked up!
- I have a “Pooey” list of famous people I dislike immensely. Sue Barker is at the top.
- Before I got married 3 years ago, I lost the feeling in my left arm for a couple of months, after scans and tests, nobody knows why…
My Nominee’s are…
This was SOOOO hard! I think these lovely blogs meet the criteria..! If not, please don’t be offended, I have nominated you because I think you have a bloomin’ fab blog! I enjoy reading them all, whether for their factual information, funny stories or cute pics!
NorthHantsMum – NorthHantsMum.wordpress.com
JosanneBlog – My Toddler Rules…that’s official! – JosanneBlog.wordpress.com
Adventures of a Mum – AdventuresofaMum.wordpress.com
The Natural Momma in Me – NaturalMommainMe.blogspot.co.uk
Motherhood – Warts ‘n’ All – MotherhoodMum.blogspot.com.au
Pajama Kind of Day – PajamaKindofDay.blogspot.ca
My 11 questions:
- When did you start blogging?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- If you could have one special power, what would it be?
- Would you rather have a giraffe’s neck or tiger paws (and why?)
- Who is (or has been) your embarrassing celeb crush? We’ve all had them, see my facts above for mine..!?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your most embarrassing habit?
- Which do you fancy right now, sweet or savoury?
- What is your favourite ever thing to do?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Who or what inspires you?
Woohoo! I did it! I can’t wait to see the answers and facts from my nominess, if they want to join in!
Thank you so much again Katie – KTBTW – for nominating me! I really enjoyed writing this post and choosing who to nominate, I hope my answers and facts are ok!!